Glienicker Bridge „Glienicker Brücke“

The Glienicker Bridge is situated on the edge of Berlin. It spans the river „Havel“ to connect the cities of Potsdam and Berlin. During the Cold War, the Glienicker Bridge was one of the few places in the world where the Soviet Union and the Western powers stood directly opposite each other. The bridge lies . . . → Read More: Glienicker Bridge „Glienicker Brücke“

Berlin

#gallery-2 { margin: auto; } #gallery-2 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 20%; } #gallery-2 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-2 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } /* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */

Follow @hdrimageorg

Tweet

New Palace „Neues Palais“, Park Sanssouci

The New Palace is situated on the western side of the Sanssouci royal park in Potsdam was build by Frederick the Great. The construction of the palace started 1763 and was finished after six years, 1769. It is considered to be the last great Prussian baroque palace.

#gallery-3 { margin: auto; } #gallery-3 .gallery-item { . . . → Read More: New Palace „Neues Palais“, Park Sanssouci

Orangery Palace, Park Sanssouci

The Orangery Palace (Orangerieschloss) is also known as the New Orangery on the Klausberg, or just the Orangery. It was built in the style of the Italian Renaissance, after the image of the Villa Medici in Rome and the Uffizi in Florence.

#gallery-4 { margin: auto; } #gallery-4 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; . . . → Read More: Orangery Palace, Park Sanssouci

Park Sanssouci, Potsdam

Sanssouci Park is a large park surrounding Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam, Germany. Following the terracing of the vineyard and the completion of the palace, the surrounding is a baroque flower garden with lawns, flower beds, hedges and trees. The greenhouses of the numerous nurseries contained oranges, melons, peaches and bananas.

The park has a . . . → Read More: Park Sanssouci, Potsdam

Church of Peace „Friedenskirche“, Potsdam

The Friedenskirch (Church of Peace) is a protestant church and is situated in the palace grounds of Sanssouci Park in Potsdam, Germany. The cornerstone of the churchhouse was laid on April 14, 1845 and the structure resembles a High Italian monastery. A narthex across the western side of the portal opens into an inner courtyard . . . → Read More: Church of Peace „Friedenskirche“, Potsdam

Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.