Early morning at the market

I took these pictures at the market in Ulm (Germany) on a very early morning…




Summer Sunset




Rosenhöhe, Darmstadt




Schloss Wolfsgarten, Langen (Hesse)

Schloss Wolfsgarten was a former hunting lodge of the ruling family of Hesse-Darmstadt and was established between 1722 and 1724 by Landgrave Ernst Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt. From 1879, Wolfsgarten became a favorite country retreat for Grand Dukes Ludwig IV and his son Ernst Ludwig.

In the 20th century, Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig extensively modernised Schloss Wolfsgarten and rearranged the park. In 1918, after the abolition of the monarchy, Wolfsgarten became the principal residence of the former grand ducal family. Today, the Wolfsgarten is the property of the Hessian House Foundation and is open to the public only on two weekends in May during the annual Rhododendrenblüte.




Jugendstilbad, Darmstadt

The architect August Buxbaum designed the Jugendstilbad in Darmstadt and it was built from 1907-1909.




Sprudelhof, Bad Nauheim

The Sprudeholf or “effervescent” bath is a type of spa bath through which carbon dioxide is bubbled and was one of several types of hydrotherap. The ensemble is an impressive cultural monument and was built between 1905 and 1911. It is a clearly structured and symmetric facility as a whole, as playful and loving is the design of the great little details. The mineral springs in the centre of the “Sprudelhof” are surrounded by six bath houses and each has an aesthetic waiting hall and an enchanting ornamental courtyard with a fountain.




Gernsheim

Gernsheim is a town in Groß-Gerau district (Hesse) and is lying on the Rhine. The town is the birthplace of Peter Schöffer (Petrus Schoeffer) an early German printer, who studied in Paris and worked as a manuscript copyist in 1451 before apprenticing with Johannes Gutenberg.

Important for the town is the container port with a railway connection. There are also ferries across the Rhine to Eich in Rhineland-Palatinate.




Glienicker Bridge „Glienicker Brücke“

The Glienicker Bridge is situated on the edge of Berlin. It spans the river „Havel“ to connect the cities of Potsdam and Berlin. During the Cold War, the Glienicker Bridge was one of the few places in the world where the Soviet Union and the Western powers stood directly opposite each other. The bridge lies at an isolated point where US-occupied West-Berlin met the Soviet-occupied Potsdam (East Germany).

The Glienicke Palace (Schloss Glienicke) was designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel for Prince Carl of Prussia in 1826. The two golden lions in the front of the building are versions of the Medici lions from the Villa Medici. The palace and park are UNESCO World Heritage sites as part of the Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin since 1990.




Berlin




New Palace „Neues Palais“, Park Sanssouci

The New Palace is situated on the western side of the Sanssouci royal park in Potsdam was build by Frederick the Great. The construction of the palace started 1763 and was finished after six years, 1769. It is considered to be the last great Prussian baroque palace.




Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.